Week 24 Tune-In Tidbits: TNT Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Get ready for Tuesday’s TNT doubleheader with five stats to watch in each game. The action tips off in Miami, where the Heat (39-35) host the Cavaliers (44-29) in a matchup of the Nos. 3 and 8 seeds in the current Eastern Conference playoff picture. That is followed by the Clippers (39-34) hosting the Bucks (39-34) as the teams meet for the second time in seven days.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Miami Heat, 8:00 PM ET, TNT
- In 17 games since the All-Star break, LeBron James is averaging 30.8 points (leads NBA), 10.4 rebounds (13th) and 9.7 assists (2nd) while shooting 56.6% from the field (6th, min. 100 FGM).
- In 71 possessions over two games against the Cavs this season, Wayne Ellington has gone scoreless, missing all six of his shots (all from 3-point range) while being defended by Kyle Korver.
- James Johnson has been the primary defender on LeBron James for a team-high 66 possessions during their first two matchups. While LeBron scored 21 points on 7-13 shooting in those matchups, he did shoot 23.4% less frequently than his usual average against all other defenders.
- Cleveland enters Tuesday’s game riding a five-game win streak. Over all teams’ last five games, the Cavs lead the league in scoring (122.2 ppg) and field goal percentage (51.8%).
- This season, the Heat offense has been a team-high 10.2 points per 100 possessions better when Kelly Olynyk is on the court (110.4 OffRtg) compared to when he’s off the court (100.2 OffRtg).
Milwaukee Bucks at LA Clippers, 10:30 PM ET, TNT
- This is the second meeting in the span of a week for these teams. The Clippers took the first meeting, 127-120, on March 21 in Milwaukee. DeAndre Jordan had 25 points and 22 rebounds for his 3rd 20-20 game of the season.
- John Henson was the primary defender on DeAndre Jordan for 49 or Jordan’s 81 offensive possessions. Jordan scored 15 points on 7-10 shooting while defended by Henson.
- Lou Williams leads the NBA in fourth quarter scoring at 7.9 points per game.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is one of only two players (joining DeMarcus Cousins) to average at least 25 points, 10 rebounds and 4 assists per game this season.
- After leading the NBA in FG% in each of the last five seasons, DeAndre Jordan (65.1%) currently ranks second to Houston’s Clint Capela (65.5%) by 0.4%.