Tune-In Tidbits: TNT Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Get ready for Tuesday's TNT doubleheader with key stats and trends to know about each matchup.
San Antonio Spurs (38-29) at Dallas Mavericks (27-39), 8:00 ET, TNT
|Streak/Last 10||W5, 6-4||L5, 1-9|
|OffRtg||112.1 (7)||107.7 (21)|
|DefRtg||111.2 (20)||109.6 (18)|
|NetRtg||0.9 (13)||-1.9 (24)|
|eFG%||53.4 (7)||51.6 (20)|
|Pace||99.28 (22)||99.76 (19)|
- San Antonio has won five straight, scoring 111.8 points per 100 possessions with a 54.8 eFG%.
- LaMarcus Aldridge is averaging 26.8 PPG and 9.6 RPG over the last five games; the Spurs have a 112.6 offensive rating when he’s on the court vs. 103.4 when he’s off the court, the 2nd highest differential on the team over that span.
- Luka Doncic is averaging 23.7 PPG 9.1 RPG and 5.9 APG; one of four players posting 20/9/5 since the break.
- The Spurs have won the first two games of the season with Dallas, with both games decided by five points or less and one needing overtime.
- DeMar DeRozan has led the way for the Spurs against the Mavs this season with team highs of 24.0 points, 9.0 assists and 41.2 minutes per game. His 52.9 FG% is his eighth highest mark against any opponent this season.
- Luka Doncic, who is questionable tonight with a knee strain, is averaging 28.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists in two games against the Spurs. Doncic is shooting 53.8% from the field and 46.7% from beyond the arc; those are his third and fourth best averages, respectively, against any opponent during his rookie season.
Minnesota Timberwolves (32-35) at Denver Nuggets (43-22), 10:30 ET, TNT
|Streak/Last 10||W2, 5-5||L1, 6-4|
|OffRtg||110.9 (12)||112.7 (4)|
|DefRtg||111.2 (21)||108.0 (11)|
|NetRtg||-0.3 (17)||4.8 (4)|
|eFG%||51.1 (25)||52.8 (13)|
|Pace||101.01 (13)||99.02 (23)|
- Karl-Anthony Towns leads the NBA in scoring since the All-Star break, averaging 35.1 PPG. He has three 40-point games over that span, one shy of matching his career total before the break.
- Towns has made at least two 3-pointers in eight straight games, the longest streak of his career.
- Denver has gone 4-4 since the break, holding opponents to 104.8 points per 100 possessions, the third best mark in the league. On the season, Gary Harris ranks in the 96.7 percentile in pick & roll ball handler defense, allowing 0.58 PPP.
- This is the third meeting of the season between the Nuggets and Timberwolves with Denver winning the first two games by a total of three points and shooting 42-89 (47.2%) in both games.
- Nikola Jokic is averaging a triple-double in two games against the Timberwolves with 10.0 points, 14.0 rebounds and 10.0 assists. While his scoring average is the third lowest against any opponent this season, his rebound and assist averages rank fifth and tied for third against any opponent this season.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 26.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists in two games against the Nuggets this season. He is one of only three players to post averages of 25 points, nine rebounds and four assists against the Nuggets this season.