Tune-In Tidbits: TNT Thursday, March 14, 2019
Get ready for Thursday's TNT doubleheader with key stats and trends to know about each matchup.
Los Angeles Lakers (31-36) at Toronto Raptors (48-20), 8:00 ET, TNT
|Streak/Last 10||W1, 3-7||L1, 6-4|
|OffRtg||107.7 (21)||112.1 (7)|
|DefRtg||109.1 (14)||107.3 (7)|
|NetRtg||-1.5 (22)||4.7 (5)|
|eFG%||53.1 (10)||53.6 (4)|
|Pace||103.65 (5)||100.69 (15)|
Need To Know
- In his 16th season, LeBron James is averaging career highs in 3PM, 3PA, and REB per game while playing the fewest minutes in his career. The Lakers are 12-9 when LeBron plays less than 35 minutes on the season.
- Although his per game number has dropped to 3.6 assists per game, Marc Gasol is averaging the most assists per 100 possessions of his career with Toronto, with 7.2. All four other starters are shooting 60% or better on shots that come after a pass from Gasol (Leonard 69.2%, Green 63.6%, Siakam 61.5%, Lowry 60.7%).
- Every year since his rookie year, LeBron James has averaged at least 25 points, six rebounds, and six assists. He has three straight years of 26/8/8.
- The Raptors won the first meeting of the season with the Lakers, 121-107 on Nov. 4 in Los Angeles. Kyle Lowry had 21 points and 15 assists in the win; he has two 20-point, 15-assist games this season, which is tied for 3rd most in the NBA.
- LeBron James had 18 points, six assists and two rebounds in 28 minutes in the loss. The Lakers are just 2-5 this season when LeBron scores fewer than 20 points.
Dallas Mavericks (27-40) at Denver Nuggets (44-22), 10:30 ET, TNT
|Streak/Last 10||L6, 1-9||W1, 6-4|
|OffRtg||107.8 (20)||113.1 (4)|
|DefRtg||109.7 (18)||108.0 (11)|
|NetRtg||-2.0 (23)||5.1 (3)|
|eFG%||51.7 (20)||53.1 (11)|
|Pace||99.70 (20)||98.98 (23)|
Need To Know
- Since arriving from New York, Tim Hardaway Jr. holds the 3rd highest on/off offensive rating differential on the Mavs. With Hardaway Jr. on the court, they score 104.6 per 100 possessions vs. 98.6 with him off the court. His 9.6 net rating is 3rd on the team behind Jalen Brunson and Dwight Powell.
- Jalen Brunson scored a career-high 34 points on Tuesday night. He averages 28.9 minutes and 12.6 points in his 25 starts this year, shooting 38.3% from three.
- The Nuggets have the most wins at home in the NBA with 28. They shoot a league best 48.9% from the floor en route to scoring 117.6 points per 100 possessions, best in the league. They average the 2nd most assists (28.6) per game at home, creating 69.8 assist points.
- This is the third and final meeting between the Nuggets and Mavericks this season with Denver winning the first two games by a combined 18 points. Nikola Jokic is averaging 25.5 points, 14.5 rebounds and 6.0 assists in two games against Dallas this season.
- Luka Doncic had 23 points, 12 assists and six rebounds in his only game against Denver this season (a 126-118 loss on Dec. 18). It was one of five 20-point, 10-assist games for Doncic this season, tied for 12th in the NBA and second among rookies behind Trae Young (12).