Tune-In Tidbits: ESPN Friday, Feb. 22, 2019
02/22/2019 at 04:02pm
San Antonio Spurs (33-26) at Toronto Raptors (43-16), 7:00 ET, ESPN
|Streak/Last 10||W1, 6-4||W6, 7-3|
|OffRtg||112.4 (6)||112.4 (5)|
|DefRtg||111.5 (22)||107.3 (8)|
|NetRtg||1.0 (12)||5.2 (5)|
|eFG%||53.6 (4)||53.4 (8)|
|Pace||99.22 (22)||100.62 (15)|
Need To Know
- In his first season in San Antonio, DeMar DeRozan is averaging career highs in rebounds (6.1), assists (6.1), and blocks (0.5) and has nine double-doubles, one more than he’s had in the past three seasons combined.
- DeRozan will play his first game in Toronto as a member of the Spurs after spending his first nine NBA seasons as a Raptor. He remains the franchise leader in games played (675), points (13,296), field goals made (4,716) and free throws made (3,539).
- Serge Ibaka, averaging a career high 16.0 points per game, is holding opponents to 52.9% at the rim. This is the third best mark in the league of players who defend 5 shots a game.
- The Spurs won the first meeting with the Raptors this season, 125-107 on Jan. 3 in San Antonio, as LaMarcus Aldridge (23), DeMar DeRozan (21) and Bryn Forbes (20) all scored 20+ points to lead San Antonio.
- Kawhi Leonard scored 21 points to lead seven Raptors in double figures in the loss to his former team.
- The Raptors shot just 6-30 (20.0%) from beyond the arc in the first meeting with San Antonio. That is the second-fewest 3-pointers they have made in a game and matches their lowest 3-point percentage in a game this season.
- Kyle Lowry did not play in the first meeting due to illness. On the season, the Raptors are 12.2 points per 100 possessions better when Lowry is on the court (plus-10.0 net rating) compared to when he’s off (minus-2.2 net rating).
Utah Jazz (32-25) at Oklahoma City Thunder (37-20), 9:30 ET, ESPN
|Streak/Last 10||L1, 6-4||L1, 8-2|
|OffRtg||108.4 (19)||110.4 (13)|
|DefRtg||105.4 (4)||105.2 (3)|
|NetRtg||3.0 (10)||5.1 (6)|
|eFG%||52.9 (13)||52.1 (17)|
|Pace||100.62 (14)||104.06 (3)|
Need To Know
- Markieff Morris is expected to make his OKC debut. In 34 games with Washington this season, he averaged 11.5 PPG and 5.1 RPG
- Rudy Gobert - posting career highs in points (15.2), rebounds (12.9), and assists (2.2) - is holding opponents to 55.3% at the rim. This is the sixth best mark in the league of players who defend 5 shots a game.
- The Utah Jazz went 18-6 with the best net rating in the league (+10.7) last year after the All-Star break.
- This is the third meeting of the season between the Jazz and Thunder with OKC winning the first two games.
- Paul George is averaging a team-best 37.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 4.5 steals against the Jazz this season. It is his 2nd-highest scoring average against a West opponent and his highest steals average against any opponent.
- Russell Westbrook is averaging 10.0 points and shooting 20.0% from the field against the Jazz this season; those are his lowest marks against any opponent this season.
- Russell Westbrook will look to extend his NBA-record triple-double streak to 12 straight games on Friday. He has one triple double and fell one assist shy of another in two meetings with Utah this season.
- Donovon Mitchell is averaging a team-high 19.5 points against OKC this season. In 28 possessions against Paul George, Mitchell was held to five points on 2-8 FG, 0-5 3P. In 84 possessions against either Terrance Ferguson, Russell Westbrook or Dennis Schroder, Mitchell had 31 points on 10-17 FG, 4-9 3P.